Aggressive Representation Of The Accused
Roberta L. Brooks
- Assault & Battery
- Drug Possesion/Intent to Sell
- DUI/DWI/Drunk Driving
- Internet Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Sexual Offenses
- Theft, Robbery, and Burglary
- Weapons Possession
- White Collar Crime
Roberta Brooks has built a reputation as an experienced, aggressive criminal defense attorney. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ms. Brooks was a patrol officer with the Oakland Police Department. After leaving the Department, she attended San Francisco State University where she graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.
While attending SFSU, Ms. Brooks worked as a Field Examiner with the National Labor Relations Board, investigating charges of unfair labor practices. She later graduated from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. While attending McGeorge, Ms. Brooks worked as a summer intern for State Senator Carole Migden, then an assemblywoman. Ms. Brooks also served in the US Navy for six years, with two years in the US Naval Reserves.
Ms. Brooks is currently a board member of the Contra Costa County chapter of Friends Outside, an organization dedicated to assisting county inmates and their families with overcoming the effects of incarceration.
Ms. Brooks has handled hundreds of cases during the past eight years while working exclusively as a criminal defense attorney. Her cases have differed in type and complexity, and have included both misdemeanors and felonies. The unique combination of having a background in law enforcement and courtroom experience has enabled Ms. Brooks to achieve favorable results for her clients--including dismissals, reduction of charges, diversion, deferred entry of judgement, and sentencing alternatives to custody.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Juris Doctor
- McGeorge School of Law, Salzburg
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- Honors: magna cum laude
- California, 1999
- Treweek v. City of Napa, 85 Cal.App.4th 221, 2000
- US Navy
- Field Examiner for the National Labor Relations Board
- California Public Defenders Association, Member
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Criminal Law Section, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Women Defenders, Member
- Friends Outside, Contra Costa County Chapter, Board Member